My name is Leqi Wang and I am currently doing a master degree in Cybersecurity at The University of Melbourne. Before that, I graduated with a First Class Honours in Finance from The University of Sydney. I love Finance and Technology.
- Born and raised in Shanghai, I spent my first 17 years living in a small town on the outskirts of this metropolitan.
- After finishing high school, I took a one-year gap and decided to study abroad in Sydney, Australia with the full support of my family.
- I finished the 3-year Bachelor degree with majors in Finance and Economics in 2.5 years at The University of Sydney.
- I went on an exchange at UCL in my second year and did all my electives for Economics.
- Just before graduation, I was awarded a shcholarship to continue my study for an Honours degree in Finance.
- My Honours thesis is on cryptocurrency exchanges under the supervision of Dr. Sean Foley and Dr. Angelo Aspris. It is published here: Decentralized Exchanges: The “Wild West” of Cryptocurrency Trading.
- Then, Covid-19 hit. Spent most time at home and studying online.
- Football/Soccer, a six-year gooner
- All Christopher Nolan's movies
- Playing video games (2000+ hours on FIFA and FM and 1000+ hours on Apex Legends
- stocks (sometimes stonks) and cryptos investing
- Apple products
- Learning languages (Self-study French and Italian with Duolingo)
- Trying and learning all other cool stuffs
Travel / Geography
- I did not travel much during my childhood.
- In 2014, I visited Busan, South Korea on a cultural exchange.
- In 2016, I arrived in Sydney, Australia for the first time and began my university life.
- In 2017, I went for a two-week long volunteering experience in Fiji where I taught kids Maths at St John Bosco School, Suva. Visited Nadi and went Island hopping during the weekends.
- In 2018, I went to UCL in London where I stayed for six months, during which I travelled to Leicester, Manchester, and Edinburgh. I also visited Paris, Milan, Madrid, Bacelona, Prague, Budapest and Viena.
- In 2019, I visted Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne, and Cook Islands.
- In 2020, I spent most of days at home in Shanghai.
People I like/admire not IRL
- Steve Jobs. This guy invented IPhone.
- Elon Musk. My No.1 Idol. Renewable energy, reusable rockets, boring tunnels, colonizing Mars... I don't think there's anything this guy cannot do. But maybe don't send Dogecoin to Mars?
- Keanu Reeves. He is just so BREATHTAKING.
- Phillip Dosen. Better known as ImperialHal. He plays Apex Legends professionally for TSM and is the best IGL of the game.